Monday, December 7, 2009

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

I received some wonderful news last Friday to start the weekend off right. I got a promotion at work :-) Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. I somehow managed to jump a level and now must work my butt off to prove my worth. It's okay. As my fellow cheerleaders would say..

"Bring it on...."

haha, had to do that.

Hung out at Thalassa on Saturday night to celebrate. Good fun, company, drinks, and pool = awesomeness. Then went to Napa on Sunday with Irwin's mom as her treat for my promotion, and despite the cold wet weather, we had a blast! Took some awesome pictures, bought a nice bottle of wine (apparently they had only had it for 3 weeks), and enjoyed the drive through Napa. Came home and finished making/wrapping gifts. I hope everyone likes my hand-made gifts, or at least uses them. I was using the one I made for myself today and received my first compliment on it, so that was a good sign!

first room I saw at the Castello Winery.. looks so Harry Potter-ish
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the automatic faucet.. so rad..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




2 comments:

AsianCajuns (Lauren) said...

CONGRATS on your promotion!!! How awesome! And what a wonderful way to celebrate.
What did you DIY for your gifts? I'm so curious because Cath and I are doing the same for our friends... but we have yet to start-- eek!
Hope you are having a fabulous week!!!

Maritess said...

Thank you! I can't say it yet because I don't want the friends I'm giving it to to see it in my blog! But its pretty awesome, and fairly simple. I'll email you some pics I took of the finished products last night :-)