Thursday, May 14, 2009

You've Got Mail

I am a movie fiend. Irwin calls me IMDB = Irwin's Movie Database. I can for the most part tell you at least one other movie an actor/actress has been in, a real life fact about that person, and sometimes.. what they're going to do next.

I'm not sure why I have that ability, but I think it may have to do with me always trying to get to know people "behind the scenes". I like trying to figure out where they came from and how they grew up because it can explain a lot of how they are right now. And I'm always curious as to how these famous Hollywood actors grew up, just to see how they got to the big screen (or sometimes the small screen).

But the main thing I love about movies is just being IN the movie theater. There's just something nice about being away from whatever troubles you're having, or just a way to relax and enjoy some time to not think about your life for 2 hours. For 2 hours.. I can be living someone else's life, or just observing it, and that in itself is wonderful to me. A temporary escape.

I make it sound like my life is miserable but it's not. It's just another way to enjoy a story, and I LOVE stories. Reading has lead to my Coke bottle bottom thick glasses.. I would read book after book after book. Now that I just don't have time.. or I fall asleep after a page or 2.. Movies seem to be the easier route to get my Story-fix in for the day.

Anyway, so yes I'm obsessed with movies. I have loaded as many movies as my iphone and ipod touch will take in, and I am currently watching You've Got Mail. I always watch it on days that I'm feeling serene, hopeful and happy. You've Got Mail always makes me feel warm inside.. and it always makes me want to get coffee from Starbucks (subliminal advertising!)

I just love the interaction between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. But in general I heart Meg Ryan. I loved her in Sleepless in Seattle, Kate and Leopold.. and I'm sure there are other movies but I can't think of them at the moment. I love the way she speaks, and I can't explain why.



But aside from that, I love the idea behind the movie.. Just being able to talk to some random person about anything and everything. I miss having those kinds of conversations. I feel like there's so much going on right now.. to talk about nonsense would just be a waste of time. I guess that's why I'm going to start using this blog more. This will be outlet for nonsense.

Alright, time to get back to work (and my movie).

No comments: